How TW knows what modules are available
- General Install Info
- How TW knows what modules are available
- Regular TW Installers
- Installing TWmodules.com megapacks
- Finding your module folders
- Compressed archives (exe)
- “Raw” modules and simple zipped files
- I want to give a module to a friend
- Premium (purchased) modules
- Installing to a Compact setup
Basically theWord scans all of its folders on start up and registers each of the modules it finds there. NOTE: Once running, it will not register any new modules, except those you create from within the program.
When it does this scan of its folders on start-up, it will index all of the modules which were not previously indexed (all new modules specifically, or if you change the name of module while the program wasn’t running). This process can take some time, but it is a one time thing for each module you have. If you download 500MB of modules, don’t think TW will scan all those modules, index every word in each of them, and start the program all in a few seconds. That process takes some time, and that is so that when you search for a word in a module, it will be faster.